Current Version 2.5.10 Released October 9th, 2014
Thank you for downloading our ZT News! We hope this Manual is a little help but if you have more questions so you should open new ticket at ourHelpdesk to get more help!
ZT news is a lightweight but powerful Joomla extension, developed by a group of enthusiastics programmers and developers of Zootemplate.com. ZT News module allows you display previews of articles on the Joomla front page. ZT News will list all articles within a section, grouped by categories. With this new Joomla extension, you can be easy to configure the number of column, more links and intro news with or without thumbnail.
Compatibility: Joomla! version 2.5 & 3.x.
- Compatible with Joomla 2.5 & Joomla 3.x
- Choose between manually typed news from sections and categories.
- Lightweight, modern and fast-loading design.
- Customize User CSS formatting.
- Easy and friendly administration.
- W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional. W3C CSS Valid.
- Fully compatible IE9+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
ZT news with its super friendly ackend and amazing design is a great tool to showcase your images on your Joomla! website
1. Installtion Guide
In this document, we will step by step instructions for installing and using ZT news effectively. You only need to take a few quick steps:
1. 1. Download extension package
- Extract or Unzip
mod_zt__news_[version].zipfile to your desktop and you can see a package called
1. 2. Install extension package
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3.x Administrator section.
- In the top menu, click on Extensions and then select Extension Manager.
- In the Upload & Install Joomla Extension, click Browse then find the file you just download (
mod_zt_layer_slider_v2.5.10.zip) in step 1 above. After you have selected this file, click the Upload and Install button.
This will install a component and a module for you in one installation.
When your ZRT news Package has been uploaded and installed successfully, you will see a confirmation message:
2. Extensions Usage Guide
2. 1. Overview
- Module: This box gives you permissions to do general settings such as source, Joomla categories, ordering
- Menu Assignment: You can choose which pages your module can appear: On all pages, No pages, Only on the pages selected or On all pages except those selected.
- Module Permissions: This helps you manage the permission settings (Delete, Edit, Edit State) for the user groups.
- Config Display: allows you to edit and customize module class suffix, make some changes in the appearance of list of articles
- Advanced: This box consist of some advanced settings for you to edit: Catching, Cache Time, Module Tag, Bootstrap Size, Header Tag, Header Class, Module Style.
We are going to give some more details below so please follow these steps to configure and use new ZT news effectively :
At first, to manage your own Sliders, you have to go to Module Manager
In the top menu, choose Extensions > Module Manager then click on
ZT newsto open configurable area.
There are a few specific settings that you should use when using the ZT news of our Zootemplate
2. 2. General setting
- Source form: choose joomla categorises
- Joomla categories: leave it Uncategorised
- Ordering: there are many option for you to choose, if you dont want to choose, leave it default
2. 3. Menu Assignment
- This is where you choose where this module will be displayed. On all pages, No pages, Only on the page selected, On all pages except those selected
2. 4. Module permission
- This allows you to manage the permission settings for the user groups. There are 3 options for you to choose Inherited/Allowed/Denied
- Delete: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Delete for users in the Public group. Delete Allows users in the group to delete any content in this extension.
- Edit: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Edit for users in the Public group. Edit Allows users in the group to edit any content in this extension.
- Edit State: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Edit State for users in the Public group. Edit State Allows users in the group to change the state of any content in this extension.
2. 5. Config display
This allows you to edit more details about the appearance of articles such as title main, image main, text length…
- Module Class Suffix: leave it blank
- Select template: there are 3 options for you to choose, which it will be the way each articles are arranged
- Breakpoint: the size of theme
- Number of main items: the number of articles chosen to be main item
- Thumb Main Width/Height: edit the size (width, height) and mount of Thumbnails
- Show Title Main: allow to show title of article
- Show Intro Main: same as above
- Intro Text Length: the letter and length of intro text
- Show date main: same as above
- Show Readmore: allows to show the function “readmore” with the limitation of article
2. 6. Advanced
- Caching: Use Global/No Caching. Whether or not to cache the content of this Module. A setting of “Use Global” will use the Cache Settings from the Global Configuration screen.
- Cache Time: The length of time, in minutes, before the Module is re-cached.
- Module Tag: The HTML tag for the module to be placed in. By default this is a div tag but other HTML5 elements can also be used.
- Bootstrap Size: (Values 0 to 12) This allows you to choose the width of the module via the span element built into bootstrap. For more information see the bootstrap documentation.
- Header Tag: The HTML tag to use for the modules header or title this can be either a h1-h6 tag or a p tag.
- Header Class: Here you can add optional CSS classes to add to the modules header or title element.
- Module Style: You can use this option to override the templates style for its position.
2. 7. More options
2. 7. 1. Show title, Position and Status
In the right column, make sure to set the following:
2. 7. 2. Start Publishing, Finish Publishing, Access, Ordering, Language
You can also set the Start Publishing, Finish Publishing, Access, Ordering and Language
After that, click the Save & Close button to apply your changes.
2. 8. Configure the Extension
You have installed ZT news Module but it is still not enabled so you need to enable them to use.
2. 8. 1. Enable the Module
- Go to Extensions -> Modules Manager. And Publish the ZT news module that was installed.
- Click on the ZT news module in the list below:
- Dont forget to Save &Close to apply your changes.
3. Frequently Asked Questions
ZT news is an easy-to-use extension, equipped with various features.
A: Please login to your ZooTemplate account and create a new ticket in Help Desk System. Our staffs will be there to assist you and get the problem solved.
4. Support Us
We want to know if you are happy, unhappy, or disappointed with something the feature has done, or if you have a suggestion about how we can do something better.
All feedback will be taken seriously and treated confidentially.