Current Version 1.1.0 (March, 11 2013)
First of all a huge THANK YOU for purchasing our ZT Weather Module. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via ourHelpdesk System. Thanks so much!
ZT Weather has the following requirements in order to operate:
- Joomla 2.5, or Joomla 3.x – ensure you are using the latest version
- Compatible Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE8+, Opera.
1. Installation Guide
In this document, we will find step by step instructions for installing and using ZT Weather effectively. You only need to take a few quick steps:
1. 1. Download extension package
Installing ZT Weather takes just a matter of few minutes.
The first thing you’ll need to do is download the latest version of this module. The package you will download, is compatible with both Joomla 2.5.x and Joomla 3.x. It does not need to be uncompressed.
- Register an account on http://www.download.zootemplate.com
- You can look for ZT Weather manually within the extensions list
1. 2. Install extension package
Once you have downloaded the package, Log into your Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3 Administrator section.
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and then select Extension Manager
- In the Upload Package File section, click Browse and find the file you just download (
mod_zt_weather_vX.Y.Z.zip) in step 1 above. After you have selected this file, click the Upload and Install button.
When your ZT Weather has been uploaded and installed successfully, you will see a confirmation message:
2. Extensions Usage Guide
ZT Weather is a highly configurable module that allows you to control the various aspects of its appearance and functions. Please follow these steps to configure and use your new Weather module effectively:
2. 1. Enable Module
At this point we have installed a ZT Weather module, however by default new modules are not enabled, so we’ll now enable the module.
- Go to
- Search for
ZT Weatherby making use of the filter or looking for this module’s name from the select type menu.
- Click on the status icon next to the module to enable it.
2. 2. Configure Module
This module contains several groups of options. First, you need to publish this module, assign it to a visible module position and change its order as well:
Note: There can be many module positions listed for you to select, but make sure that the module position you select is visible in front-page
Under Menu Assignment, select which pages you want to show the module on. You can choose On all Pages, No Pages, Only on the pages selected, or On all pages except those selected.
All other important settings of this module are listed specifically below:
2. 2. 1. Basic Settings
There are different types of options at the basic options:
The suffix and ID of the module is set here. As this module does not contain any other scripts, there is no risk of conflict which could result when two modules have been assigned the same ID. A module’s ID may be used to style instances of the module in a unique way.
2. 2. 2. General Settings
|Full City Name||Enter the full name of a city here|
|Time Offset and Timezone||Use these options to define the time zone and to select the offset, or time differential, between the target city daylight savings time (DST) value with that of the Google data source. An additional option here is used to set the time at which the day and night icons are displayed.|
|WOEID||Unlike the Google data source, Yahoo uses their GeoPlanet service to identify a location. GeoPlanet generates a ‘Where On Earth ID’, or WOEID, to identify locations on Earth. To generate a WOEID for your location, follow this WOEID generator link. (To learn more about the WOEID, see here.)|
2. 2. 3. Layout
- Lay out – Set where the weather forecast graph will be displayed.
For the remaining options, set the
Enable/Disable switches to include or exclude specified data elements the module will display.
- Show Humidity– An option to display humidity for the selected location.
- Show Wind Condition– An option to display wind data for the selected location.
- Units– This option allows you to configure whether the Celsius/Fahrenheit switch is displayed.
- Show current conditions– display or not the current weather conditions from your city.
- Next day forecast– allow you to show next day weather forecast.
The final group of options concerns the use of external data:
2. 2. 4. External Files
- Use Module CSS – Set to
Disableaccording to whether a module is supported by the current template. For example, if the template does not inherently support the module (the look of the module display does not conform to that of the template), then you would set this to
Enableand the module’s CSS could be used to more closely match the look of the template.
- Use Cache and Cache Time – These settings are important. This module downloads its data in real-time from an external server. This can take a few seconds to complete and could delay loading of the page and the module. Using the cache, data may be loaded in a more efficient manner to accelerate page and module loading.
Note: too many concurrent requests to Yahoo could result in your site being temporarily banned from their sites. There is increased risk of this happening when cache is not being used and your site processes many Yahoo visits in parallel. In this scenario, the ZT Weather module may return with no results to display to site visitors.
2. 2. 5. Advanced
The advanced module settings allow you to modify:
- Module tag– to change the div in section
- Bootstrap size– changing Bootstrap span grid class
- Header tag– which aims for better SEO
- Header class– adds the Bootstrap class in the page header
- Module style– to inherit the Joomla installed template for the module styling.
Congratulations! You have just installed and configure ZT Weather for your Joomla Site. Now return your homepage to see how it works.
3. Support Us
We want to know if you are happy, unhappy, or disappointed with something the feature has done, or if you have a suggestion about how we can do something better.
Please raise your support queries in our HelpDesk and make sure you follow the support guidelines. We spend more time in getting the information from user in case the support guidelines are not followed.
All feedback will be taken seriously and treated confidentially.
4. Let’s us know what you think
Help us improve this document by leaving your comments below. Thank you!