Version 1.0.5 released Jun 25, 2015 & Upgrade to ZO2 Framework v1.4.8
Sport is your health, which becomes an essential part in our life and cycling seem to be preferred by many people. The online shop selling the goods relating to sport become more and more popular and what they really need is an attrative template to support store by making clients aware about all hot deals, discounts, new design of the store. ZT Mesua is the best choice for you. Choosing this Joomla template, you get professional and stylish design of your store. Zootemplate is glad to introduce to you our amazing new product – ZT Mesua – lauching as a gift to thank you for your care and support us for a long time. It belongs to the premium Joomla Templates and moreover, ZT Mesua’s layout is crisp, clean and corporate great for business website but also will work for any corporate style website. ZT Mesua is now compatible with Joomla 2.5.x, Joomla 3.x &Zo2Framework? 1.4.1.
Last but not least, we greatly appreciate your feedback from you to make this documentation improved. If you have any further question, please kindly contact to us via our Helpdesk. Our smart and flexible staffs are always ready to help you. So, feel free to be servered with best quality!
2. Help & Support
2. 1. Reference
You may find these sites useful while installing and configuring your Joomla site!:
2. 1. 1. Joomla installation
- Joomla FAQ: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_3_FAQ
- System Requirements: http://docs.joomla.org/Technical_requirements
- Server Compatibility Check: http://docs.joomla.org/Installing_Joomla
- Installation Guide: http://docs.joomla.org/J3.2:Installing_Joomla#tab=Prepare_for_Install
2. 1. 2. Joomla help
Online Joomla guide
- Table of contents: see the list of all topics
- Video Tutorials – http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0w1OO0UFKLbXeeQmJSzQ0ihrdQm5XyZD
- Joomla Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joomla!
- Joomla Forum http://forum.joomla.org/
There are many tutorials, acticles and forums to help you learn how to use this Joomla template and its features. This section provides helpful links to instructions on commonly used this Joomla template features, but you can learn even more by exploring these resources:
- Demo ZT Mesua
- Online Userguide
- Joomla Fanpages
All of our items come with free support, and we have a dedicated support system to handle your requests. Support is limited to questions regarding the template’s features or problems with the template. We are not able to provide support for code customizations or third-party plugins. If you need help with anything other than minor customizations of your template then you should enlist the help of a developer.
To submit a Ticket always remember:
- Include as many information as possible to explain your issue.
- Your URL.
- Name of the Template.
- Your Joomla version.
- If you installed extensions, specify which are these.
(We reserve the right to change or modify current Support Policy with no prior notice.)
2. 2. Zootemplate policy
2. 2. 1. Limited Usage Granted
You have the right to use the ZooTemplate extensions on as many concurrent sites as your entitlements provide for. After your membership expires, you may continue to use the extensions your entitlements allow for, so the extensions are not time-limited. The Developer level clubs grants unlimited implementations of ZooTemplate extensions as long as the usage complies with the rest of the Terms & Conditions.
2. 2. 2. Ownership
You may not claim intellectual or exclusive ownership to any of our products, modified or unmodified. All products are property of ZooTemplate.com. Our products are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall our juridical person be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or other losses arising out of the use of or inability to use our products.
2. 2. 3. Refund Policy
Since ZooTemplate is offering non-tangible irrevocable goods we can offer direct refunds if your account has not been logged-into yet. In this case the refund will be provided without any question. ZooTemplate also will offer a full or partial refund within 15 (fifteen) business days starting from the moment when the member make the payment. In this case ZooTemplate has the right to ask questions for the refund and also we have the right to NOT offer the refund if we see reasonable. The above notice, also, applies to the license fee and all our Sign Up Plans. Please Contact Us if you need further information.
2. 2. 4. Delivery
After we have successfully received your payment, your membership information will be emailed to the address that you have provided during the sign up process. It normally happened within minutes. If you do not receive this information in 24 hours from you completed sign up process please contact us support(at)ZooTemplate(dot)com. With this information you can access the member area section to download our products and access our Forums.
2. 2. 5. Unauthorized Use
You may not place any non-GPL portions of our products, modified or unmodified, on a diskette, CD, website or any other medium and offer them for redistribution or resale of any kind without prior written consent from ZooTemplate. Please Contact Us if you require more clarification.
2. 2. 6. Modifications
You are authorized to make any necessary modification(s) to our products to fit your purposes. You may not however redistribute or release non-GPL portions of the templates as GPL or otherwise. You may not remove or change the ZooTemplate copyright information in the header of the xml descriptor file for all products. You may however remove our copyright from the footer of the templates if needed. No use of our trademarks is granted under this Agreement. Please read the FAQ section regarding this if you have further questions. Porting non-GPL portions of our templates to other platforms and content management systems and redistributing as GPL or otherwise is also strictly prohibited. Please Contact Us if you have any requirements that are not covered by these terms.
2. 2. 7. Warranty and Support
ZooTemplate offers these templates and designs ‘as is’, with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you wish or with all 3rd party extensions/products. Further, we offer no support via email or otherwise for installation, customization, administration of Joomla!CMS itself. Private customer forums are available at our Forums. ZooTemplate.com does not commit to monitor these forums, but we reserve the right to respond and answer questions. ZooTemplate does not warranty or guarantee these templates in any manner. We cannot guarantee they will function with all 3rd party extensions/products or web browsers. Browser compatibility should be tested against the demonstration templates on the demo server. Please ensure that the browsers you use will work with the templates as we can not guarantee that ZooTemplate templates will work with all browser combinations.
More infomation please refer to http://www.zootemplate.com/legal/terms-of-use.
2. 3. Third-party extensions
This template may not be compatible with some third-party extensions. It’s impossible for Joomla template authors to make the template compatible by default with all existing extensions because there are thousands of available Joomla extensions. Only the “default” Joomla default is compatible with all third-party extensions, because all extensions are designed to work with it. But authors of the extension should provide detailed instruction about how to integrate the extension with custom templates, since nobody really uses “default” Joomla template, everybody uses custom template.
Generally all extensions can work with all templates but they sometimes have to be integrated manually. The same applies for third party scripts or extensions you may add that can cause conflicts with our Joomla template. In such cases you need to customize the template and merge two conflicting template files into one template file.
2. 3. 1. Support
Unfortunately third-party extensions are beyond the scope of our support, please contact the author of the extension if needed. Author of the extension should provide detailed instructions about how to integrate the extension with any custom Joomla template.
There are 2 methods of installing the ZT Mesua:
3. 1. Quickstart installation
If you’ve just started building your Joomla site from the scratch, we recommend following Quick start guide to install the entire site comes with sample data.
3. 2. Separate Template Installation
To install ZT Mesua you only need to take a few quick steps:
3. 2. 1. Package Browser
- In Joomla administration go to menu
Extension Manager> then select
Browsebutton and localte ZT Mesua files.
3. 2. 2. ZT Mesua Installation
You have 2 options A or B to install the ZT Mesua:
- A. Option 1:
zo2_plugin_installer.zip. After that click on button Upload &Install.
zo2_Mesua_combo_installer.zip. After that click on button Upload &Install.
- B. Option 2:
zo2_Mesua_template_installer.zip. After that click on button Upload &Install.
3. 2. 3. ZT Mesua Configuration
- Go to Back-end => Extensions => Plugin Manager => Use the Filter to search for Zo2 Framework and enable it.
- Once ZT Mesua is installed in your Joomla site, you need to make it default for your website so your pages get the new design. Please go to
Template Manager=> Zo2_Mesua – Default => Click on the star icon next to it.
4. 1. ZT Slideshow
ZT Slideshow allows you to easily create the sliders with multiple cool effects. With this module, you can now add a custom Slider to any or every page on your website. Equally, you can also add as many slider as you like.
A more detailed instruction about how to edit and configure ZT Slideshow can be found in ZT Slideshow Configuration Manual.
4. 2. ZT Shortcodes
A good new for you, All new Joomla templates with Zo2Framework now comes with 25 built-in shortcodes (e.g. tabs, gallery, video, google map etc.) that users can attach. With this new Joomla extension, you can have an extensive collection of powerful ecommerce features that benefits all from shop owners, developers, to customers:tach to certain pages by adding the corresponding macro codes into articles or even modules. But we went a step further than the competition, we created ZT Shortcode Generator plugin for Joomla 3.x. This is a free plugin for adding & displaying Zo2 shortcodes on your website.
A more detailed instruction about how to edit and configure ZT Slideshow can be found in ZT Shortcode Configuration Manual.
4. 3. ZT Language Switcher
ZT Language Switcher is a lightweight but powerful Joomla extension, developed by a group of enthusiastics programmers and developers of Zootemplate.com. We thought the standard Joomla language switcher could use a small face lift and we created a simple module, which can help you to set up and run within seconds. Our ZT Language Switcher shows the language flags in a nice elegant dropdown.
A more detailed instruction about how to edit and configure ZT Language Switcher found in ZT Language Switcher Module Configuration Manual.
4. 4. ZT Custom HTML
We use many custom HTML modules in our ZT Mesua demo for layout and concept. You can replace the content of the same to your taste or replace them with other modules.
If you are not sure how to use Custom HTML Modules or accessing HTML Editor view. Read this Guide.
We will provide you with the HTML Code (markup) for reference below, you will need to replicate exactly and then change your content. Remember HTML code has special
div classes, which are required for demo alike display.
4. 4. 1. Create and configure custom HTML Module
- To create this module, go to backend:
New=> You’ll see a list of available modules. Select type as
Custom HTMLand begin editing the module.
- To Edit an existing Custom HTML module, in the
Module Managerclick on an Custom HTML Modules Title or click the Custom HTML modules check box and then click the
Editbutton in the Toolbar.
- Click the
Savebutton to apply the changes.
You can found all settings of these custom HTML modules in
Module Manager. Use the filter by Partial Title/ID in the upper left or the filter by State, Position, Type, Access and Language in In the upper right area to see how to configure each module.
4. 4. 2. Zt_arrow
Module type: Custom HTML
Module position: zt-arrow
Enter the following in the Custom Output text editor:
<div class="bg-arrow"> <p><span></span></p> </div>
4. 5. Language Switcher
Module type: Language Switcher
Muple position: zt-language
This module allows you to switch between available Content languages. Selecting a language will take you to the home page for that language.
- To add a new Language Switcher module, navigate to the
Module Manager> click the
Newbutton > select the Language Switcher in the modal popup window.
- To edit an existing Language Switcher module, in the Module Manager list, click on the Language Switcher Module’s Title to publish and edit this module:
Pre-text: This is the text or HTML that is displayed above the language switcher.
Post-text: This is the text or HTML that is displayed below the language switcher
Use Dropdown: (Yes/No). If set to ‘Yes’, the display parameters below will be ignored. The content languages native names will display in a dropdown.
Use Image Flags: (Yes/No). If set to ‘Yes’, will display language choice as image flags. Otherwise will use the content language native names.
Horizontal Display: (Yes/No). Default is set to ‘Yes’, i.e. to horizontal display.
Active Language: (Yes/No). Display or not the active language. If displayed, the class ‘lang-active’ will be added to the element.
Languages Full Names: (Yes/No). If set to ‘Yes’ and image flags set to ‘No’, full content language native names are displayed. If set to ‘No’, upper case abbreviations from the content language’s URL Language Code are used. Example: EN for English, FR for French.
- Common Tabs: Menu Assignment (a list of menu items. You can choose between On All Pages, No Pages, Only on the pages selected and On all pages except those selected from the List.), Module Permissions (Manage the permission settings for the user groups below. See notes at the bottom.), Advanced (The advanced module settings allow you to modify:Module tag, Bootstrap size, Header tag, Header class, Module style).
More infomation about how to create a multilingual site in Joomla 3.x, please check guide How to create a multilingual site in Joomla 3.x.
4. 6. Featured Article
Featured Articles allows you to edit some articles marked in your site as Featured.
- First, you need to mark some articles in your site as
Article Manager. Here, you will see a list of your articles. Note that there is a star next to each article. To mark an article as
Featured, simply press the star next to it. It will turn yellow, indicating that you’ve marked this article as featured.
- By default Joomla 3.x will show the entire text of each featured article on the Featured Articles page. However, this is not very convenient when you have articles with different length. You can choose how much of each featured article to be shown on this page using the
Read Morefeature in your articles manager.
To do that open the article in the Article editor, click where you want to split the article and press the
Read More button right below your WYSIWYG editor. A dotted red line will be displayed, separating your article intro from the rest of the article content.
4. 6. 1. Best Comcept
Module type: Mnews
Enter the following in the Custom Output text editor:
<div class="future col-md-3 col-sm-3"> <p class="icon-cicle"><i class="fa fa-sliders"></i></p> <p class="ftitle">Best Comcept</p> <p> By injected humour, or randomised words which don't look even slightly believable </p> <hr id="system-readmore" /> </div> <p> Suspendisse consectetur iaculis arcu, at placerat enim laoreet a. In felis dolor, dapibus in tincidunt tincidunt, convallis eget dolor. Duis ultrices, ipsum non interdum molestie, lorem libero vestibulum mi, in facilisis turpis massa vitae felis. Sed posuere enim nisl, in feugiat velit. Cras lobortis mollis suscipit. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Praesent at sapien ac eros aliquet mollis id elementum velit. Nulla molestie, libero vel convallis pellentesque, metus massa scelerisque leo, lacinia dapibus urna metus eu quam. Nulla ut metus lacus. Aliquam et erat a nulla lobortis aliquet. Maecenas mattis augue a purus facilisis consectetur. Nullam leo velit, sagittis eget suscipit sed, bibendum nec nisl. Suspendisse non quam vitae odio ullamcorper mollis. Proin risus diam, pretium tempus dignissim lacinia, molestie eu risus. </p>
4. 6. 2. Easy Use
Module type: Mnews
Enter the following in the Custom Output text editor:
<div class="future col-md-3 col-sm-3"> <p class="icon-cicle"><i class="fa fa-dropbox"></i></p> <p class="ftitle">Easy Use</p> <p> By injected humour, or randomised words which don't look even slightly believable </p> <hr id="system-readmore" /> </div> <p> Suspendisse consectetur iaculis arcu, at placerat enim laoreet a. In felis dolor, dapibus in tincidunt tincidunt, convallis eget dolor. Duis ultrices, ipsum non interdum molestie, lorem libero vestibulum mi, in facilisis turpis massa vitae felis. Sed posuere enim nisl, in feugiat velit. Cras lobortis mollis suscipit. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Praesent at sapien ac eros aliquet mollis id elementum velit. Nulla molestie, libero vel convallis pellentesque, metus massa scelerisque leo, lacinia dapibus urna metus eu quam. Nulla ut metus lacus. Aliquam et erat a nulla lobortis aliquet. Maecenas mattis augue a purus facilisis consectetur. Nullam leo velit, sagittis eget suscipit sed, bibendum nec nisl. Suspendisse non quam vitae odio ullamcorper mollis. Proin risus diam, pretium tempus dignissim lacinia, molestie eu risus. </p>
4. 6. 3. Let’s be Friends
Module type: Mnews
Enter the following in the Custom Output text editor:
<div class="future col-md-3 col-sm-3"> <p class="icon-cicle"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></p> <p class="ftitle">Let's be Friends</p> <p> By injected humour, or randomised words which don't look even slightly believable </p> <hr id="system-readmore" /> </div> <p> Suspendisse consectetur iaculis arcu, at placerat enim laoreet a. In felis dolor, dapibus in tincidunt tincidunt, convallis eget dolor. Duis ultrices, ipsum non interdum molestie, lorem libero vestibulum mi, in facilisis turpis massa vitae felis. Sed posuere enim nisl, in feugiat velit. Cras lobortis mollis suscipit. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Praesent at sapien ac eros aliquet mollis id elementum velit. Nulla molestie, libero vel convallis pellentesque, metus massa scelerisque leo, lacinia dapibus urna metus eu quam. Nulla ut metus lacus. Aliquam et erat a nulla lobortis aliquet. Maecenas mattis augue a purus facilisis consectetur. Nullam leo velit, sagittis eget suscipit sed, bibendum nec nisl. Suspendisse non quam vitae odio ullamcorper mollis. Proin risus diam, pretium tempus dignissim lacinia, molestie eu risus. </p>
4. 6. 4. Support 24/7
Module type: Mnews
Enter the following in the Custom Output text editor:
<div class="future col-md-3 col-sm-3"> <p class="icon-cicle"><i class="fa fa-phone"></i></p> <p class="ftitle">Support 24/7</p> <p> By injected humour, or randomised words which don't look even slightly believable </p> <hr id="system-readmore" /> </div> <p> Curabitur bibendum placerat mi, non porttitor magna venenatis sed. Ut non tincidunt augue. Maecenas elementum aliquam leo, quis rhoncus quam condimentum consectetur. Proin sed diam arcu. Vivamus vel enim accumsan nulla adipiscing vestibulum. Pellentesque ullamcorper ipsum a est vulputate vel ultrices nisi bibendum. Nullam convallis nisi ac erat congue ultrices. Aliquam auctor leo eu turpis pulvinar consequat. </p> <p> Suspendisse consectetur iaculis arcu, at placerat enim laoreet a. In felis dolor, dapibus in tincidunt tincidunt, convallis eget dolor. Duis ultrices, ipsum non interdum molestie, lorem libero vestibulum mi, in facilisis turpis massa vitae felis. Sed posuere enim nisl, in feugiat velit. Cras lobortis mollis suscipit. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Praesent at sapien ac eros aliquet mollis id elementum velit. Nulla molestie, libero vel convallis pellentesque, metus massa scelerisque leo, lacinia dapibus urna metus eu quam. Nulla ut metus lacus. Aliquam et erat a nulla lobortis aliquet. Maecenas mattis augue a purus facilisis consectetur. Nullam leo velit, sagittis eget suscipit sed, bibendum nec nisl. Suspendisse non quam vitae odio ullamcorper mollis. Proin risus diam, pretium tempus dignissim lacinia, molestie eu risus. </p>
- You can show Featured Articles on a page by creating a new Featured Articles menu type in Joomla 3.
NOTE: Remember to always turn off Toggle Editor when you want to edit HTML in the content section. Otherwise Toggle Editor can break your content.
4. 7. ZT Headline
4. 7. 1. FEATURED NEWS
Module type: ZT Headline
Module position: zt-tab1
4. 7. 2. BICYCLE ACCESSORIES
Module type: ZT Headline
Module position: zt-tab2
4. 7. 3. NEW DESIGN CONCEPT
Module type: ZT Headline
Module position: zt-tab3
ZT Healine module allows you to collect news from all your category and display them in the headline of website page.
ZT Headline Installation:
Go to Administrator site
Extension Manager in the Top Menu and install zt headline file to your site.
ZT Headline Configuration: Below pictures are the screenshots of some important settings from ZT Headline Module back-end:
- Basic Settings:
- Content Options:
Healine Module provides more settings for you to create a new slide, customize and manage the slides. All related settings are at the top right of each row/column form, including:
To add a new slide to the list, simply click on the
ADD NEW SLIDE button, a box will be created with the following parameters:
Content Type: This module supports 3 content types: Content Article/K2 Article/or Custom.
Image: You can insert an image gallery into your posts or Upload Images from Your Computer.
Title: Insert the title of the post
Content Article:Select one content article from your categories if content type is Content Article/ self-build content if you choose Custom from Content type drop-down.
- Style Options:
5. Mega Menu
Built in very completely new ZO2 Framework, ZT Mesua uses MegaMenu adding lots of advanced features. This MegaMenu is a perfect choice for creating unique menus. You can create a vertical, horizontal or fixed responsive menu with many custom styles and effects.
Please note that the megamenu setting is not global setting. If you use multiple styles, you need to enable and configure the megamenu option in the style you want to use the feature.
- To configure and edit Mega Menu, go to:
Template manager> open
- There are 3 level of configuration in the Mega Menu Settings, which are:
Menu item setting.
Depend on the element you select, the Toolbox will display different contents.
5. 1. Menu Item Setting
In this level of configuration, you can: enable or disable submenu if a menu item, display sub-menus in group or not, move menu item to right or left, assign a module to a module menu item, add icon for menu item. The way to create a new Menu Item in Main Menu also specificed in this section.
- Submenu: you can enable/disable submenu for this item
- Group: config how the selected item’s submenu displays
- Positions: allows you to move a list of menu items to another column
- Extra class: allows you to style the selected item with an extra css class
- Icon: allows you to add an icon from Twitter Bootstrap to the selected item
- Item caption: add caption to the menu item
5. 2. Sub-megamenu Setting
This setting allows you to configure the width of the sub-megamenu, add column, and add class that style for it.
- Add row: add a row to the selected submenu.
- Hide when collapse: show/hide this submenu when the menu is collapsed on small screen.
- Submenu width (px: set width (in px) for the selected submenu.
- Alignment: align the selected submenu: left, right, center, justify.
- Extra class: allows you to style the selected submenu with an extra css class
5. 3. Column Setting
MegaMenu from ZO2Frameworks support the column setting which allows you to add column, remove column, set width of column and assign module to column.
- Add/remove column: “+” to add a new column to the right of the selected column. “-” to remove the selected column
- Hide when collapse: show/hide this column when the menu is collapsed on small screens
- Width (1-12): allows you to set number of grid columns (Bootstrap grid) that the selected column spans
- Module: add/replaace a module to the selected column
- Extra class: allows you to style the selected column with an extra css class
5. 4. MegaMenu Edit
One Mega menu is split in two parts: Config and Edit. The Menu Config is specificed in chapter Mega Menu Configuration. In this section, we have two parts: build-up your Megamenu, and style and add icon for menu item as well.
5. 4. 1. Build up MegaMenu
ZO2 Framework has a powerful, flexible and feature rich mega menu built into it’s core. One of the features of the megamenu is the ability to include a module as a submenu item. This section describes how to insert a submenu column, row… into your ZO2 Framework Mega Menu.
5. 4. 1. 1. Add a submenu
- On the Megamenu configuration screen, you will see the main menu items. Click on the menu item under which you would like to add a submenu item.
- If the menu item does not already have a sub menu, click on
Submenu – Yesparameter under Item Configuration in order to add a submenu item for selected main menu item. This step isn’t necessary if the parent menu item already has a sub menu item.
- When you enable a Submenu for the selected main menu item, then you will see the new submenu has been created under the main menu item.
- Click on the empty area around the submenu dropdown. You will see that the Menu Item configuration has changed. And that the Sub-megamenu setting toolbar appears.
- Here you can add a new row(1), designate a sub-menu column width for each of the columns you are creating (3), align the selected submenu(4) and show/hide this submenu when the menu is collapsed on small screen(2).
The default for Mega Menu in Joomla is one column, but with ZO2Framework MegaMenu, you can have three to four columns side-by-side. The number of columns and the width of columns of a menu item’smega menu can be set via Column Configuration.
5. 4. 1. 2. Add a column to submenu
- Click on the empty area in submenu dropdown to open the Column Configuration area open as the image in chapter Column Setting.
- Then, select “+” to add a new column to the right of the selected column (click “-” if you want to remove that column).
- Select Width(1-12) to set number of grid columns that the selected column spans.
5. 4. 1. 3. Assign a module to column
Next, you can easily select the content for each column by assigning any module. That content can be the existing module, a video or even a random image.
Select Moduledropdown box under Column Configuration area to find and select the module you would like to show as a submenu item.
- Once you select the module to be placed in the menu item you will immediately see that the Megamenu editing interface will load a module and show it in the submenu dropdown.
5. 4. 1. 4. Move menu items to another column
In this step, we will show you how to move the menu items to another column. In this example, it’s Joomla Item which has 6 menu items. The menu items will be set to two seperate columns.
- First, set your Submenu width and the alignment for it as your prefer.
- Next, click the Login item, and then, select Position “?” to move the menu items to second column.
5. 4. 1. 5. Group Sub-Items
In this step, you can set all the sub items under one parent item.
- Select a menu item that has no submenu then add submenu for that.
- Add a row for that sub-menu.
- To move all the categories under the parent item, click the individual sub-menu item and toggle
- Also, You can split the Bonus Page column in two or three individual ones if you wanto in Column Configuration and style those columns and make them look balanced. Please read back chapter Add a column to submenu.
5. 4. 2. Style and Add icon
5. 4. 2. 1. Style for MegaMenu
- You can style for the MegaMenu item by adding class to the field:
You can add class for a mega menu, for a column or for a menu item. So you should the priority oder. The priority order (
Mega menu =>
Menu Item) is from low to high.
There are one file that you can add style for MegaMenu.
megamenu.less in: templates/zo2_hallo/assets/less
- Moreover, you can also style for your own menu by adding the subtitle for each menu item.
It is easy to add a subtitle for a Menu Item. In the Item setting panel, select a menu item then add subtitle in the field:
Item Caption. The following image shows you how to add subtitle for a menu item.
5. 4. 2. 2. Add icon
One of the features of a megamenu is the ability to add icons to your menu items. This section will show how to add an icons to your menu items.
On the Megamenu configuration screen, you will see the menu items just under the Item Configuration area.
- Click on the menu item under which you would like to add an icon.
- For that menu item, click in the
Iconbox in the Item Configuration area.
- Input the name of the icon that you would like to show before the menu title for that specific menu item.
Note: Full list of all available icons that you can use with this Icon parameter can be found on the Font Awesome site. Copy the icon class which you want to add to box Icon.
- Finish adding an icon to the selected menu item by clicking on the
Savebutton in the Megamenu editing page toolbar.
6. Layout Builders
Layout Builder is one of the unique features introduced in Zo2Framework which supports multiple layouts that allow you to make your content displayed flexibly. In the layout builder we used 12 columns. We called the columns as span. This means in our layout builder we used 12 span. This 12 span covered the whole width of our layout. If Users wants to create 4 columns then have to use span3 for every column. Also if anyone wants to create 3 columns then have use span4 for every column.
This part brings more functionalities and improvement user interface in managing template layouts, including:
- Specify the number of modules to be placed within a module position.
- Set the width for Column using bootstrap spanX classes (form span1 to span12)
- Set any of the above options for either tablet/mobile or desktop mode through Column’s/Row’s Settings.
- Change the name of each row, and also select any module to each column.
You can find all Layout builder settings under Layout Builder section.
Layout Builder also provides more settings for you to create a new layout, customize and manage the layout of your theme. All layout settings are at the top right of each row/column form, including:
- The drag & drop option: By using this option, You can drag & drop to change the position of columns in a line as well.
- Column’s/Row’s Settings: Here you will be able to select the row’s/column’s name & class if he wants. Also users will be able to fix the section for where to visible or where to hidden.
- Duplicate Row: The 3rd option provides you to add new row.
- Split Row: The 4th option provides users to add new column.
- Remove Row: If users want delete the row then just click the cross button.
This part focuses on knowledges to create a new module layout and manage the existing layout in your theme.
6. 1. Top
In Top Section, we use 3 columns and span 4 for each column. The Columns are top-menu, search,and top-social.
6. 2. Header
Here’re 3 columns:
mega_menu (canvas menu) with span 1,
header_logo with span 3 and
mega_menu with span 8.
Layout Settings For Menu
In layout settings there is option for fixed the type by Module, Message or Components. Here is another option for select the position where to publish. From here users also able to select the span. This settings also contain Offset, Style or Custom class settings.
6. 3. Slide Section
The Slide Layout is a simple one column. And the span 12 covered the whole width of this layout.
6. 4. Feature Section
In the feature section we used the whole span. There is option available for to create more column and row.
6. 5. Breadcrumb Section
This section had only one column and it contain span12.
6. 6. zo2-message
Here we have one column, and it contains span12.
6. 7. Main Body Section
In the main body section we used 03 columns. And the columns are
The left & right contain span3 and the component area contain span6.
6. 8. News Section
In these sections we used the whole span. There is option available for to create more column and row.
6. 9. Bottom
We select the bottom area with bottom1 by one column and bottom2 by 3 columns. Every column (bottom2) contains same span and the span is span 3.
6. 10. Footer Section
This is pretty Footer one columns layout with whole span.
6. 11. How to use
6. 11. 1. Add a new row
After set up the position name and location on your template to display your new “row module” position. We will see the module position “example” how it works. Go to
Template Manager and click
Zo2_hallo > open
Layout Builder tab. Now, choose a location where you want to create a new module position. Just above the module, click the
Add new row [=][duplicate Row] icon at the top right of any existing row form. A new row will be created under.
Here we published our new position under the NEWS position. For doing that add a new row by using Add a new row option.
- Using the drag & drop option to change the order of layout. See How to move a module position to a different position
- Now give it a name by using row settings in the editor toolbar of selected row.
- Insert row name into Name Field, and select the specific device to display module
Save Changesand then, the name of row is created.
6. 11. 2. Move a module position
Modules are boxes that can be moved around on the layout screen. Drag and drop to move layout positions, is a great feature comes with Zo2Framework.
Putting a module in a different position on the page is a very simple process, which can be made from Layout Builder tab in Zo2 Hallo template settings. If you hover your mouse over the gray 4 arrow icon of a module, you’ll notice the 4 arrow cursor appears to let you know it can be moved. Start dragging the module to a new location – it may be upper and lower position. When the box is showing in the correct location, let go of the mouse button, and the module will be saved temporary in the new location.
Please don’t forget to save changed layout using
Save & Close button.
6. 11. 3. Add a new column
Layout has rows and each row can hold 1 to 6 columns. You can easily add one or more columns to a layout row by clicking the new column icon icon and a popup window will appear like below on the created row header.
- Now, open Layout Builder tab from Template Manager. Here we added our new column under the NEWS module. For doing that add a new row by using Add a new column option.
- In the param “Column Width” , you can change the width of each column.
You can drag & drop to change the position of columns in a line as well.
Module/Components/Message/ or Menu positions also can be responsive. Click on column setting icon to open Responsive tab and Select the devices you want to show or hide. Click apply and save your settings.
6. 11. 4. Assign a new module to column
Next, you can easily select the content for each column by assigning any module
- Click the icon Column’s Setting, Choose desired position from the drop-down selection in Position Field.
- After clicking on this icon you will found option for select the position name. Here we select our new created position named newposition. Then click on
Then save this by clicking on the save button on top left. Now your new position added on the layout builder. You can use this position on this template now.
A profile is a custom set of theme settings which can define the style, content and layout of your site. The default profile defines the default settings for the entire website. You can create new profiles and use them to any different theme. This allows you to load different theme settings on different pages.
New profiles inherit all settings from the default profile, so you just need to apply the settings you want to change. One example where we use the profiles are the different theme variations we deliver with each theme. Also special module layout behavior is done using profiles.
Now, in your Joomla backend, select
Template manager >
zo2_hallo - Default to get started with new Profile function of Zo2 Framework. “Profile” tab is underneath the Menu Bar of Zo2 settings
7. 1. The default Profile
In the general theme settings you find a parameter called
Default Profile. Here you choose the profile which will be
loaded on all your pages. By default it is set to the profile called
Each theme has a default profile and it can not be deleted. If you want to load another newly created profile as default for all your pages you can select it here. Zo2 will load your new profile automatically.
7. 2. Step 1: Create a new profile
New profiles can be created in the profile theme settings by clicking the
Save As button which is available right next to the “profile dropdown” list”.
The first time you click the button, a window will appear allowing you to create a new profile.
- Now just need to enter a name for your new profile and “Save” it.
Below you can see all settings you can control and override with your new profile. By default all values are inherited by the default profile.
7. 3. Step 2: Create different layouts for new profile
As said before, new profiles inherit all settings from the default profile, so you just need to apply the settings you want to change. Now of course this is right for Layout Builder settings.
You can refer the guide to use Layout Builder on this same documentation system in purpose of adding or editing your new profile’s layout builder.
7. 4. Step 3: Custom Style for new profile
Profile option from Zo2 Framework is very useful allowing you to create preset styles and customization. With Preset Style, you can assign a certain style to your theme or change the preset style such as Background, Header, Text, Link…
To select a preset style and create your desired style, in your new Layout Profiles tab, please scroll down the page you’ll see Style section.
This more detailed tutorial to custom style will cover this topic in depth.
7. 5. Step 4: Assign any profile to any menu item
Assign any profile to any menu item directly from your theme configuration with just a few clicks.
7. 6. Final Step
After all the changes with the new profile, one very important action you have to take, is clicking the
Save button to apply all to your Joomla site.
8. Fonts, Theme Preset and Advanced Settings
Built in new Zo2 Framework, ZT Six provides you a various of settings:
- General Settings: These are the general options for the templates
- The Font Settings: provides the ability to change the font size as well as the font type used in the template. Many popular web fonts are included as options and some templates also include additional custom font options.
- Theme Preset: The Presets Style Panel in ZO2 Framework makes use of a powerful Preset system that allows you to create preset styles and customization.
- Advanced Settings: show up with many advanced options related to RTL, sticky menu, responsive layout, switcher box, custom css, tracking code and developer options.
Please visit to our Zo2 Framework document site to see the setting for each section.
9. Typography and Short Code
We carefully handcrafted this joomla template with a strong focus on typography, usability and overall user-experience. ZT F7 delivers the shortcodes you need in spades, letting you quickly and easily put together great content and sharp layouts.
Please view all typography embed in ZT F7.
Shortcodes Buttons built in Editor
Please view all Shortcode embed in ZT F7.
10. Frequently Asked Questions
10. 1. How can I change my Joomla site favicon?
- You can upload your
favicon.icointo the main folders of your front-end and back-end templates, which are found in the \zt_f7\images folders respectively, overwriting favicon file that came with your templates.
- Or You can attact a favorite icon to display in the top left hand area of the browser.
To upload a favicon to your Joomla site, in
Template manager => open Zo2_f7 template =>
General tab >
Favicon option, just click the
See more about how to change the favicon, please refer to this link: http://docs.zo2framework.org/post/settings#1-2-favicon
10. 2. How do I change my site’s name?
- In your Administrator, navigate to
Global Configuration=> Locate
Site Nametab and change your site’s name.
- Click the
- That’s it!
10. 3. How to create multiple languages in this template?
Installing a new language in Joomla 3.x is much easier than changing languages in Joomla 2.5. This is because of the new Install Language Tool from Joomla 3.x , which allows you to install new languages without manually needing to find and download them from other sites on the web.
You can see the detailed tutorial to create multiple languages in this 3.x template in our document system.
10. 4. How to edit CSS of the Template?
There are 2 ways to edit css of the template:
- Every Zo2 Framework’s template is packed with a handful of stylesheets in the form of LESS file. So you should follow this guidehttp://docs.zo2framework.org/post/customize#2-custom-styles
- Since Zo2Framework version 1.3.1 we added an option called Load Profile [Custom CSS]: if enabled, custom.css file (in which you can override the default styling of the template) will be loaded in the frontend.
This might be useful when you want to make some changes in the template design. All the CSS placed in this file will not be lost after upgrading the template.
11. Support Us
Thank you for reading!
We hope you can create the best website with our template.
One again, thank you so much for using our template. As i said at the beginning, i’d be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this template. No guarantees, but i’ll do my best to assist. If you have a more general question relating to the template.
Do not hesitant to contact us by submiting ticket via our helpdesk – http://member.zootemplate.com/helpdesk.
Please take a screenshot photo with descriptions about your problem. More details about your problems help us more easier to figure out and respond you sooner.
- Scope of Support:
Our support covers getting setup, trouble using any features and any bug fixes that may arise. Unfortunately we cannot provide support for customizations or 3rd party plugins. If you need help with customizations of your template, please contact with us with your requirement. Our technical team will help you with some fees.
- Support Schedule:
Our working time is 8:00am – 5:00pm from Monday to Friday (GMT+7) and 8:00am- 11:30am Saturday. So if you email us or submit ticket besides this working time, we are really sorry that we are not able to respond you soon. We will try to reply you as fast as we can. Especially if you email or submit ticket at weekend, please be patient and we will respond to you right when we are back on Monday.