All the fields in Zootemplate’s Joomla templates have their unique names. After a Joomla template installed, its name appears in the list of templates in the
Template Manager. It is also visible in the source files of template. In this article, we will describe how you can change template folder & template name, since this may be not an easy task for beginner users of Joomla.
There are a few solutions which may help you change the template name, but here we will show you the simplest method, using a new Zootemplate template package, named Zo2 Divas that has just been downloaded from our download section. In the last remainder of this guideline, We are going to get into the details of instruction about changing template name after installation- You can find it here.
Now, please follow those steps:
1. Open the template folder
- Download only Zo2 Divas template package from our download section.
- Extract this file zip
template_zo2_divas_j3x_v1.0.5.zipyou have just downloaded.
2. Rename the template folder and files names
- In the next step, you need to change the name of the template folder that you have just extracted.
Note: the template name should contain only lowercase letters. ex:
- Now, go to the template-name/language/en-GB directory.
Here you will find one language file in this directory:
- Rename the language file name. Its name should include the template name, example from
3. Edit the Error.php
Error.php file is located in the our Joomla template folder. Now you need to change the name of Divas Joomla template in
Error.php to math the new folder name.
zo2_divasin this php file and replace by new template name.
4. Edit the templateDetails.xml file
You can find the
templateDetails.xml file located in the template folder. At the top of this file you will find the template name that you need to change.
5. New package and template installation.
You have just edited all files needed.
- Now, you need to compress the template folder to a zip package.
- Then install the template package via the
- After that, simply set the renamed template as the default one.
Don't worry it would be independent from orginal one even if you used QuickStart before.
Note: Renamed template might not have all settings from quickstart so you have to set them manually as they were/are in “old” one looking at them. So if you are using Quickstart uninstall old template after you will rewrite all settings.
In case you want to change template name after installation, please follow some steps below:
- Open template folder in your Joomla directory
- Rename template folder and template files
- Change the name of the template in two files below to match the folder name then Save:
- In your backend, go to
Discover(tab from Toolbar).
- Click on the
Discoverbutton to discover “template files” that may be available for install.
- Select the discovered template in the Discover screen and click on the
Congratulations, You have just edited all files needed and aslo set up the renamed template in your Joomla site. We hope you will be satisfied of our templates. You are welcome to contact us if you want to leave us a feedback. Thank you very much for reading!