ZO2 Framework supports Mega Menu adding lots of advanced features. This Mega Menu is a perfect choice for creating unique menus. You can create a vertical, horizontal or fixed responsive menu with many custom styles and effects.
Please note that the megamenu setting is not global setting. If you use multiple styles, you need to enable and configure the megamenu option in the style you want to use the feature.
1. General Configuration
This allows you to to config selected elements as general configuration for the MegaMenu.
- Dropdown Strigger: Select mouse event to trigger dropdown menu
- Animation: select the animation when moving menus in front-end.
- Duration: Enter time duration for show sub menu
- Menu type: Choose type menu you want to use
Please note that, the navigation settings are not general settings, that means in each style, it can have difference navigation. In each style, you can display different menus as main menu.
2. Configuration Level
There are 3 level of configuration in the Mega Menu Settings, which are:
- Sub-megamenu setting
- Column setting
- Menu item setting.
2. 1. Sub mega menu Setting
This setting allows you to configure the width of the sub-megamenu, add column, and add class that style for it.
- Add row: add a row to the selected submenu.
- Hide when collapse: show/hide this submenu when the menu is collapsed on small screen.
- Submenu width (px: set width (in px) for the selected submenu.
- Alignment: align the selected submenu: left, right, center, justify.
- Extra class: allows you to style the selected submenu with an extra css class
2. 2. Column Setting
MegaMenu from ZO2Frameworks support the column setting which allows you to add column, remove column, set width of column and assign module to column.
- Add/remove column: “+” to add a new column to the right of the selected column. “-” to remove the selected column
- Hide when collapse: show/hide this column when the menu is collapsed on small screens
- Width (1-12): allows you to set number of grid columns (Bootstrap grid) that the selected column spans
- Module: add/replaace a module to the selected column
- Extra class: allows you to style the selected column with an extra css class
2. 3. Menu Item Setting
In this level of configuration, you can: enable or disable submenu if a menu item, display sub-menus in group or not, move menu item to right or left, assign a module to a module menu item, add icon for menu item.
- Submenu: you can enable/disable submenu for this item
- Group: config how the selected item’s submenu displays
- Positions: allows you to move a list of menu items to another column
- Extra class: allows you to style the selected item with an extra css class
- Icon: allows you to add an icon from Twitter Bootstrap to the selected item
- Item caption: add caption to the menu item
3. Mega Menu Edit
One Mega menu is split in two parts: Config and Edit. The Menu Config is specificed in chapter Mega Menu Configuration. In this section, we have two parts: build-up your Megamenu, and style and add icon for menu item as well.
3. 1. Build up Mega Menu
ZO2 Framework has a powerful, flexible and feature rich mega menu built into it’s core. One of the features of the megamenu is the ability to include a module as a submenu item. This section describes how to insert a submenu column, row… into your ZO2 Framework Mega Menu.
3. 1. 1. Add a sub menu
- On the Megamenu configuration screen, you will see the main menu items. Click on the menu item under which you would like to add a submenu item.
- If the menu item does not already have a sub menu, click on
Submenu – Yesparameter under Item Configuration in order to add a submenu item for selected main menu item. This step isn’t necessary if the parent menu item already has a sub menu item.
- When you enable a Submenu for the selected main menu item, then you will see the new submenu has been created under the main menu item.
- Click on the empty area around the submenu dropdown. You will see that the Menu Item configuration has changed. And that the Sub-megamenu setting toolbar appears.
- Here you can add a new row(1), designate a sub-menu column width for each of the columns you are creating (3), align the selected submenu(4) and show/hide this submenu when the menu is collapsed on small screen(2).
The default for Mega Menu in Joomla is one column, but with ZO2Framework MegaMenu, you can have three to four columns side-by-side. The number of columns and the width of columns of a menu item’smega menu can be set via Column Configuration.
3. 1. 2. Add a column to sub menu
- Click on the empty area in submenu dropdown to open the Column Configuration area open as the image in chapter Column Setting.
- Then, select “+” to add a new column to the right of the selected column (click “-” if you want to remove that column).
- Select Width(1-12) to set number of grid columns that the selected column spans.
3. 1. 3. Assign a module to column
Next, you can easily select the content for each column by assigning any module. That content can be the existing module, a video or even a random image.
Select Moduledropdown box under Column Configuration area to find and select the module you would like to show as a submenu item.
- Once you select the module to be placed in the menu item you will immediately see that the Megamenu editing interface will load a module and show it in the submenu dropdown.
3. 1. 4. Move menu items to another column
You can move a menu item to next or previous column. This option will help you to devide menu items into columns.
3. 1. 5. Group submenu or not
In this step, you can set all the sub items under one parent item.
- Also, You can split the Bonus Page column in two or three individual ones if you wanto in Column Configuration and style those columns and make them look balanced. Please read back chapter Add a column to submenu.
3. 2. Style and Add icon
3. 2. 1. Style for Mega Menu
- You can style for the MegaMenu item by adding class to the field:
You can add class for a mega menu, for a column or for a menu item. So you should the priority oder. The priority order (
Mega menu =>
Menu Item) is from low to high.
There are one file that you can add style for MegaMenu.
megamenu.less in: templates/zo2_hallo/assets/less
- Moreover, you can also style for your own menu by adding the subtitle for each menu item.
It is easy to add a subtitle for a Menu Item. In the Item setting panel, select a menu item then add subtitle in the field:
Item Caption. The following image shows you how to add subtitle for a menu item.
3. 2. 2. Add icon
One of the features of a megamenu is the ability to add icons to your menu items. This section will show how to add an icons to your menu items.
On the Megamenu configuration screen, you will see the menu items just under the Item Configuration area.
- Click on the menu item under which you would like to add an icon.
- For that menu item, click in the
Iconbox in the Item Configuration area.
- Input the name of the icon that you would like to show before the menu title for that specific menu item.
Note: Full list of all available icons that you can use with this Icon parameter can be found on the Font Awesome site. Copy the icon class which you want to add to box Icon.
- Finish adding an icon to the selected menu item by clicking on the
Savebutton in the Megamenu editing page toolbar.